Lee Haney – Mr. Olympia – Workout
Lee Haney (born November 11, 1959 in Spartanburg, South Carolina) is a former American IFBB professional bodybuilder. Haney is the joint record holder, along with Ronnie Coleman, for winning the most Mr. Olympia titles(8).
One Haney’s most famous quotes is that we should “train to stimulate, not annihilate”.
The following bodybuilding workout training routine has propelled Mr. Haney as well as various other champions to victory & it can help you get ripped as well, whether you plan on competing or not. This workout is designed as a split exercise program to be used 3+1 day off, each following the other. However, if you’re new to bodybuilding, you should start with the first program & focus on it for 4-6 weeks before incorporating the second program into your strength training program.
Haney’s 4 rules:
- Train to stimulate, not annihilate.
- Listen to your body. If you feel overly fatigued on any certain workout day, utilize less sets & weight, or skip the workout all together. Overtraining is counterproductive & can result in injury.
- Pyramiding your weight on sets is the fasted way to develop both strong and well-developed muscle mass. Start with a lighter weight and increase throughout the set.
- You have to eat to gain meat. Your diet should reflect & supply the nutrients your body is demanding from the workout.
• Extensions 4 setsx12-15reps • Leg Press: 4 setsx10-12 reps (every 3 rd leg workout) • Squats: 4-5 setsx8-10reps • Hamstring curls 4setsx8-10reps • Stiff leg deadlifts: 3-4 sets 8-10reps (every 3 rd workout)
• pull downs (front) 4setsx8-10reps • Bent barbell rows 4 setsx6-8reps or T-bar rows • Long cable rows 4setsx8-10reps • Shoulders: Military press (standing) 4-5setsx6-8reps • Lateral raises 4 setsx8-10reps • Upright rows 4 setsx6-8reps
Day 4 Off
Abs and calves are to be train on each workout day. Abs:
- Vertical leg raise 4setsx15-20reps
- Incline sit ups 4setsx15-20
- Seated leg raise 4setsx15-20
Abs and calves are to be train on each workout day.
Abs: - Vertical leg raise 4setsx15-20reps - Incline sit ups 4setsx15-20 - Seated leg raise 4setsx15-20
It takes more than just a good looking body. You’ve got to have the heart and soul to go with it.